FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thank you. You have gave me something more to think about. I am going to have my son look at my current set up and have him see if he can fix my current set up or if it's even worth saving. If not, I will enlist him to change me over to electric. I do plan on rewiring my trailer. I am...
This is what I have. The top photo you can see that I am unable to remove the cap to check the oil. I am hoping that this is because I backed it in and didn't pull forward?? I have no clue! I believe this is an A 60.
After reading through everything, That is what I am going to try to do. I am not mechanically inclined. So thank god for YouTube tutorials. If I can't figure it out for myself or question my ability, then I will have it looked at by a professional. But I will be rewiring the trailer myself.
I did look this up. Wisconsin anything 3,000 lbs or more needs trailer breaks.
So I will probably just keep it for now. I found the manual online and will read through it.
My boat and trailer would be under 3,000# combined. Tow vehicle is an F150 5.0 V8 Coyote complete with manufacturer installed tow package with a tow capacity of up to 10,400#. My Pop-Up camper is around 2500# and not equipped with brakes. Tows and stops like I am not towing anything.
I...
I recently bought an older 2005 boat with trailer. The trailer is a single axle with an A 60 Hydralic brake actuator for disc brakes.
1. the trailer clunks every time I take off.
2. The cap to the oil check is partially blocked by some part of the actuator. Guess it may be because I backed...