FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
So as to not let the summer end without using my pontoon boat, I decided to buy a used Johnson 60HP motor to replace my problematic Johnson 40 HP. Actually I had to buy a Bass Boat with hull problems but the engine was good.
This weekend, I removed the used 60HP motor from the Bass boat. I had...
Last summer, after buying used boat (That had not been used for a year), took for 1/2 hour cruise before motor , a 1997 Johnson (Model J40TLEUC) died. I was fiddling with the emergency cutoff and motor abruptly stopped running. I believe there was cooling water coming from the hose through the...