FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I recently purchased a 1973 12 x 32 jon boat to fish out of. It is rigged up with a johnson 9.9 tiller steer and a 36 lb bill dance bow mount trolling motor. Can anyone recommend anything for more storage/fishing deck? I'm in the middle of installing a plywood floor in front for a fishing deck...
How do yall feel about upgrading the 9.9's? I have a 1978 9.9 that I would like to get a little more out of. Obviously I got it cuz it is legal on natural lakes but now I'm wanting a little more. Don't really feel like buying a new larger motor cuz of the weight and then also I'm running a 12 x...
I currently have the opportunity to buy a 1987 bayliner bass stryker 14ft with same year 70 hp johnson for 1000 bucks. I'm wondering if this is a decent boat or if I shouldn't even worry. It needs the 2 floor boards for the front fishing deck as they are very weak.....main floor has no soft...
I run a 1978 johnson 9.9 on a 12 ft aluminum jon boat. I usually go by myself or one other person and a couple tackle boxes and poles. Trolling battery and 6 gallons of fuel. Also I carry a drag anchor. I currently run a 9.25 x 10 aluminum propeller and am looking for some more speed to get to...
I just bought a 1978 johnson 9.9 outboard and it starts and runs great. I have had great luck before on this forum and you guys are awesome!! I appreciate every bit of your knowledge of these outboards! Engine is Pull start. I ran it out on a 12 ft jon boat and runs 5.1 mph gps and I am about...
I recently was given a boat by a fishing buddy that's in decent condition. However, i cannot seem to find any info at all on the boat. Hin # is mak303171173 and is made by monark. Evidentally it's a 1973 model but what. It's very basic and stick steer. Sort of a trihull i guess and just a...
I am attempting to resurrect a 1992 johnson gt200 vro outboard on my stratos. I am currently waiting on a repair manual and am curious which direction the engine should rotate. Also how would I verify the oil injection pump functions properly? It has ran in the past but I've had electrical...
I have a 1992 stratos 201 ski with gt200 johnson outboard. I recently installed a new battery and disconnect switch. Then I removed the stereo and harness from under the dash and all of a sudden the engine would not turn over. I then turned the disconnect switch off and back on and realized the...