FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
1990 Larson All American 170 w/ Mariner in line 6 115. Now that I have the motor at the correct height ( AV plate just above the lowest point of hull ), my steering cable no longer hits the cavity in the splashwell designed for that purpose. Just to get the tilt tube and steering link close to...
1990 Larson All American 170 w/ Mariner in line 6 115. Now that I have the motor at the correct height ( AV plate just above the lowest point of hull ), my steering cable no longer hits the cavity in the splashwell designed for that purpose. Just to get the tilt tube and steering link close to...
I just re powered a 1991 Larson All American 17 footer from a johnson v4 90 to a 1987 Mariner in line 6 115 hp. Problem is I never saw either the hull or the motor at work (play?) in their previous set ups.
Prop issues aside ( !!) - should I be getting lots of water spraying up at the transom...
I have not gotten the manual for this motor yet and am wondering if anyone out there knows what the wot rpm range for this motor is or if a website exists that might include this information. I'm not sure I have the right prop!
Thanks.........
My first post on iboats happens to coincide with the purchase of my first boat!
I just bought a 1982 Glastron ssv-151 with an 80 horse, 4 cylinder mercury outboard. The test run yielded 5500 rpm's and 37 mph on old gas. The motor popped right off, idled great and, except for a weak stream on...