FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Like the title says. My power trim is leaking down. No visible external leaks, ensured reservoir is full and cycled trim to each extreme several times to clear any trapped air.
If I trim up most of the way and push on the motor it falls with some effort till it hits the short rams then stops. If...
Plugs looked OK. Ordering new NGK plugs this week.
Unsure on carb condition. PO claims he cleaned them but he seems to be a moron. Having a friend that works on Mercs rebuild the carbs. If I push the key in I hear a click in the motor I'm assuming that's the fuel enrichment? Using that and not...
I just picked up a 1984 Mercury Black Max 150 on a 1998 Skeeter SL185.
PO did not mix his oil correctly and was running heavy on oil. Checked compression on all cylinders 125psi. Drained tank of POs mystery mix and refilled with 30gal at 50:1
Took the boat out today, put in at Black Lake went...