FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello, The tilt trim works like new in the driveway. In the water, if you have the trim up and give it gas, the trim bottoms out very quickly. While accelerating, you can not get the motor to trim up.
Thanks for any ideas
Mike
Hello, I have made a couple posts here and gotten some good info. I know I'm doing something wrong but can't figure it out. When I make a post I can see it on the forum and see other posts around the same time as mine but for some reason when I log off and come back later to see if I got any...
Hello All,
I'm back on fuel problem on the 88 hp Johnson. Took it to the lake today to see how it would run on the water as it seemed to do just fine on the muffs. Same old thing it will run about 10-15 MPH and that's all. I had it at WOT and I just held in the choke and it slowly, slowly...
I have a similar problem as Jerryny described about his 1975 88hp Johnson. I put a couple of posts here about my problem and got some tips from the good folks here and did some tests as mentioned: compression test 120-130 all 4 cyl. spark gap 7/16 on all four cyl. after replacing one coil...
I made this post on Saturday and received some good info from some people on here. I am reposting it here now because I can only access my post by doing a search, If I go back to Saturday at 2:51pm I see other posts but not mine. Being new to the sit, I figure I'm doing something wrong. Below...
I have a 1989 88 HP Johnson. After not being in the lake for a year, but having been run every month or so in the drive with water circulation I took it to the lake. Took a couple minutes to get to running right and ran up and down the lake for about 15 minutes. Went to eat lunch and came...