FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I recently picked up an 81 Johnson 15hp cheap, and this weekend after a carb clean got it running (starts first or second pull and idles smooth). The problem is that there is no water flowing from the tell tell when running in the driveway on muffs. Suspecting a bad impeller, I pulled the lower...
I am going to take a look at a boat tomorrow that is powered by an older 80HP Evinrude. The boat is from the mid to late sixties, and I think the motor is the same vintage. Do any of you guys have any opinions of these motors, or if there is anything in particular that I should look out for? I...
Hello all, new to the forum and it's been a few years since I last worked on outboard motors.
I recently purchased a 1985 Evinrude 25HP with electric start (I don't have a battery yet so using the pull start). It is a tiller handle model which I purchased 'as is' and have not seen it run. It...