FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
OK, here is what I have: 1999 Yamaha 100 outboard and I'm installing dual batteries with a solid state isolator. My question is this. I need to connect something to the "alternator" terminal on the isolator, but when I connect the RED +12Vdc wire from the starter solenoid, my ignition...
I'm installing a second battery in a Playbuoy Marquis with a Yamaha 100 outboard and just wanted to know if the ignition circuit (at the switch) gets transfered to the "start" battery, or remains on the "house" battery. The installation of the "start" battery only has the lead to the starter...