FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1989 Baja with the Merc 5.7 sterndrive. I tried searching, and found lots of issues regarding alternators, but none that answered my question.
Background:
I have been experiencing some electrical issues. While out on the water, I noticed that my voltage gauge would jump to around...
Hi All. I have finally gotten tired of wrestling my steering and decided to replace the cable. I am sure it is the cable as I disconnected it and still had difficulty with the wheel. On the old cable, it is stamped SSC13415. I know this is still available for purchase and it will work with my...
Hi all,
I have a 1989 Mercruiser 5.7. I was on the lake on Saturday, and noticed that my voltage was non-existent on the gauge. I brought the boat to idle and then shut it down. When I tried to restart, I got a clicking from the engine area. When I was able to test the slave solenoid (by...