FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thanks for the comment. I'm just confused as wouldn't my pressure test have dropped if there was a leaky seal? I'm now thinking maybe it wasn't gear oil and was just motor oil that didn't burn up as Racerone mentioned. I had assumed it was gear oil but that could be my mistake.
Would going with a better oil like ( Quicksilver Direct Injection Engine Oil ) or ( GENUINE MERCURY PREMIUM PLUS 2-CYCLE OUTBOARD OIL ) Be a better choice? I think right now I'm using a ( MotoMaster 2-Cycle Outboard Marine Engine Oil ) Big price difference :S
Hi all, I'm new to outboard repair so I apologize if I don't get all the lingo correct.
I have a 1998 Mercury 40 ELPTO. Last year I noticed that there seemed to be some gear oil coming out of the "weep hole" in the lower unit ( Pic 1 ) . I took off the lower unit and had a look ( Pic 2 ). I...
Hi All,
I inherited a boat from my dad and am trying to troubleshoot a power trim that only goes up.
I replaced the down relay. I hear it click when I push down on the motors built in power trim switch, but nothing moves. It also does not work from the control box up front.
I assume that the...