FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Okay so another update from this weekend. After changing the electronic fuel choke, setting the idle screws 5-3/4 turns out, letting the seafoam mixture sit over night, cleaning the vent valve on the fuel tank, and installing the high speed jets on the carbs, I am happy to say the motor runs...
Okay so an update. I guess I did not look well enough I found the jets in the package that I had saved from the new carb float bowls. I installed these high speed jets. I went out on a limb also and got fresh fuel in a external tank and mixed Johnson 2 stroke oil 50:1 an entire can of sea foam...
Yes that’s what I was coming up with while searching for them. I will most likely end up buying a size smaller that I can find and machine them out at work, hopefully I don’t screw em up.
I hope so. I’ll be back either way to let everyone know if this fixes it or not. I have read way to many forums where they just end and no solution was ever reported.
Yes I swapped the main jets to the new bowls. They did not however come with the high speed orifice jets in the bottom of the bowls, I found this out last night after I took them off again. Surely this will affect running conditions? But would it affect the idle condition? I have been working...
Yes I have cleaned the calibration pocket. When I rebuilt them I ordered 4 new OEM carb bowls because that is what the guy told me they were leaking from and checked those for warpage before I installed them on the carbs. what did happen though, was one of the plastic pieces of linkage broke...
another question I cant seem to find the answer for. Do I need to perform a link and sync on this motor after rebuilding the carbs? I have also noticed that the throttle lever is kind of hard to move. might I add that the throttle cable and shift cable were disconnected on this outboard when I...
I figured they were in the throttle bodies, I just did not want to start taking stuff apart and not know what direction I was headed. Thank you for that. When I rebuilt the carbs, I did NOT clean these passages. I will be doing so this evening when I get off work. What or where is the...
I made that mistake the first time I had them out. I ran it with them in for one test run out on the water, then I figured out via manual they weren’t supposed to go in this motor so I took them out. Still no change from the non idle issue.
It is a looper motor, I could t find in the manual where it said how many turns out. I was looking last night and the screws are way more than 4-5 turns out