FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1978 7.5hp Mercury. I replaced the impeller and took it on the lake. Now it will only pump water when I am running it at least 1/2 throttle. Any lower and it stops pumping water. It used to do just fine for trolling but now I'll over heat.
Any suggestions on what might be...
Hopefully someone out there can help me with this problem. I just changed the impeller in my 1978 7.5 Mercury outboard. Now it still won't push water. The key is in place, the fins are facing the right direction, the tube is clear, etc. I have taken the lower unit off, checked it, and...