FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
The fuel gauge on my 1989 Searay 160BR is not working. I've traced it down the fuel sending unit. Specifically, the float on the rod will not float. I've removed the sending unit and moved it by hand and the gauge moves with it. I also put it in a bucket of water and it works fine. However...
I'm new to working on boats. I was given a 1989 Searay with 3.0L/130 (181 cid) motor. When I received it last fall, it would not crank, so over the winter I rebuilt the carb. This past weekend I finally got it all back together with fresh gas and managed to get the boat cranked. Here is a...