FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi everyone....could use some advise I have a 1997 Mercury 75 hp outboard with oil injection....I salvaged this off an aluminum Tracker boat....I pulled the complete harness.....When I start I get an audible chip......idol around nothing more...but when I throttle up the chirping persists...
Hi Everyone.....I have 2 motors both 1976 85hp one is Evinrude one is Johnson....Almost identical...my guess is they were made on the same assembly line.
I got the Evinrude to fire and run but it stopped peeing shorty after so we shut down.....put the Johnson lower on..still no...
Hi Everyone...Just picked up this 1999 Yamaha Enduro 75 hp motor....Put it on the stand and it fires right up but it's not peeing....Going to pull the lower and replace the water pump..
Question: (1) Do I need to disconnect anything on the shift rod under the carbs?...
(2) Iv'e also seen posts...
I just got this 1979 evinrude 2 hp trolling motor in trade....cleaned the fuel tank and flushed the carb...starts right up!
I'm planning on replacing the water pump...my question is do these little trolling motors pee? (tell tell) because this one is not peeing.......If its suppose to..... from...
Hi all....ran a search thru the archive and didn't see anything..I thought I read somewhere there was a procedure for breaking in a new Gimbal bearing....Any advice?
Re: Trim limit wires...no where to be found
Ok I figured out how to change the pixels on my Mac photos.....This is what I have...It's slightly different then the one you send Terry....the only visible screw is way down the handle and is not accessible until its been removed from the...
Hi Everyone
I could use a little advice please...I changed the Trim limit and sender switches on my 1988 Searay 230 Weekender with 7.4 Bravo....When I followed the lines into the boat the Trim limit wires were not plugged in...just dangling...which would explain no up on my trim....Ive looked...
Hi Everyone
I'm new to this forum. Look forward to being a valued member.
I have a 1988 Searay 230 Weekender. Iv'e pulled the outdrive and changed u joint shift and exhaust bellows. and the Gimbal...When I greased the bearing, grease went out the backside of the bearing..Iv'e now come to...