FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
87-88ish Johnson v4 vro. Battery is fully charged and I did run directly on the motor with the same results. Also tried multiple batteries. When I override the hydraulics the motor does not drop by itself, I have to push it down. After pushing it down it stops at the trim rods and will not go...
Hey All, was out on the boat a couple weeks ago and trim tilt stopped working and had to use the manual hydraulic release to trailer the boat home. Ended up testing the hydraulic motor directly and worked immediately. Jiggled the relays and things started working again from the controls. Ended...
I have looked through my omc service manual and I don't know if i'm reading it 100% on the location of the water pump impeller. Right not from what I have looked at it should be in the attached picture section of the sterndrive, correct? Well I have loosened these 4 bolts and now they will not...
Re: Shift cable intermediate housing water leak 1974 225 OMC
What type of oil should I use in my sterndrive?
Here is a screenshot from my service manual:
Hello everyone, First time poster. Been lurking for a few weeks resolving most of my problems on my new 1974 Century Raven 19 with 225 OMC. I put it in the water this weekend and had a steady stream of water coming from where the shift cable enters the boat. In this video this guy mentions...