FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 2001 19' Bayliner Capri Cuddy and I am looking to add a depth finder. I would rather a thru hull so I don't need to put holes in my boat. Any suggestions and any installation tips.
I have a Alpha I Gen II
I want to change the impeller and gaskets! The shop wants $120 w/out lower unit lube and $140 with. I have the Gear lubeso I would get the $120
I looked at parts and it seems about $55 for the kit plus I need some gasket lube and 2-4-C so im looking at maybe $65-$70
I...
I got my boat up and running!! I adjusted the idle speed to 700 rpms but the tach will jump around after running for 30 seconds. If I turn it off and restart the tach will work for a few seconds then jump from 700 to 3000 back and forth. What steps do I need to take to fix this?
Mercruiser...
I just got the boat back from winter storage. I am having a hard time starting it I will give a few examples what it is doing.
1. When trying to start I am giving it 1/4 throttle - nothing I give it 3/4 and it seems to fire out of the spark arrestor.
2. When it did start it would run good...
I recently used the wrong grease in the gimble and spline grease fittings. I used the multi purpos/ bearing grease. I am going on vacation this week, is it ok to use? What could happen?