FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Ok, a little history, my neighbor and I decided to do a seafoam treatment on both our boats. Mine turned out great, his on the other hand has been a nightmare. First motor would not start(found dead man switch jammed inside control box with no key on it had popped out of where they jammed...
I was wondering if there is a way to upgrade my stator to a higher amp model. I do alot of night fishing and flounder gigging and am running some high power flood and spotlights, If I'm not careful... well lets just say pull starting a 115 johnson sux!!!
by the way I have a 1993 J115TLEIE and I...
I have a 1993 J115TLEIE.
When im cranking the engine the tach will read, but will not read when key is in the run position.
Any insights?
Btw I havent started diagnosing yet so im looking for a good place to start.