FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
No Title
yes, I replaced both thermostats and the impeller when I rebuild the motor but, one side is running hotter than the other so I decided to replace the poppet valve and the springs inside the thermostat housing. As far as the power head gasket it has just the little paper seal. The thing...
OK, I feel like have been on here to much lately but am still having issues with my 1993 Johnson 90hp cross-flow motor. In the first pic you can see that after my rebuild i noticed I was leaking some fuel/oil from the front side of the outboard. At the same time I am also having an issue with...
Hello, I have a 1993 johnson 90 hp cross flow motor. Long story short my motor chewed up a piston. I realized that all of the piston bores in the block were worn out of speck so, I sent it off to the machine shop and had all of the cylinders bored and ordered all new pistons. Once I got the...
Hello, I am in processes of rebuilding my 1993 Johnson 90 horse cross flow motor because it chewed up a piston ring. My question is when is it necessary to replace the rod bearings. I priced a bearing kit by serria and it is about $500. I don't think my bearings look like they have over heated...
I have a 1993, 90hp Johnson outboard it is the v4 sea horse. About three years ago it chewed up the piston rings on the lower piston on the right side. I believed that it was because of the vro2 fuel/oil pump not working properly. After I replaced that piston and re-ringed all of the pistons I...
OK i am going to be honest the tilt and trim were working fine and i had just performed a rebuild on the motor. I was installing the power head and one of the last thing to do was splice the trim switch back in on the side out the outboard housing. While I was splicing the wires (red, blue and...
Hello, I have a 1993 Johnson 90 hp vj90tlets. I believe my fuel pump has gone bad it seems as if it is running out of gas. I put it on a separate tank to eliminate the boat side and it is still doing it. I found out that when you pump the fuel bulb it starts running good. So here is my...
Re: piston size
The cylinder walls dont look bad i was going to hone them and they should be good. you cant catch a finger nail on it or anything
I also looked up the part numbers the 0393328 is for a 1985 115 hp .30 over and the part number for the motor that I have is a 0396588 for a 1993 90...
I have a 1993 90hp johnson v4 motor I need to order a piston i am trying to figure out if it has been bored out. there is a 030 written on the piston does this meen it is .030 over?
Re: 1993 90hp johnson sometimes doesn't want to take throttle
I had already ordered the head gasket I was just waiting for it to come in I was hoping it would be something simple and I was also worried about pulling the head bolts because they are really rusted this boat has always been in the...
I have a 1993 90hp Johnson V4. About two weeks ago I just put in the water idled fine away from the ramp, but when I went to give it throttle she started to get on a plane and then died after this she would not take any throttle at all without dying. The motor was even wanting to die out trying...
I have recently purchased a 4.3L vortex mercruiser motor. I am replacing the 4.3L that is currently in my boat due to mechanical failures. The motors are supposedly the same. both 4.3L both vortex. I am not sure the exact year makes of the motors but I have checked them before and they are...
I have a 1993 90hp johnson that starts right up on the hose but when you put it in the water it takes a couple of tries to start it. Some times it will start in the water idle rough and die a couple of times before you get it going, this happens only in the water. I have heard that low...
hello, I am new to the forum and I have never owned a boat before and do not really know much about them. I took my boat out in the water the other day and today I was checking on the tilt trim fluid and trimmed the motor all the way up and when I did some oil came out of the motor it is real...