FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1964 5hp air cooled starling jet outboard with a clinton j9 powerhead and propulsion research jet drive. I can't get the motor to start. I have put new plugs in, and taken the carb apart and cleaned it. Any ideas on what I can do to try and start this motor. I do not know how to...
I have a 2004 Honda BF8A that will not idle correctly. The motor starts second pull every time with the choke out and the throttle set to start. Upon pushing the choke in, the motor revs up really high, thus I try to adjust the throttle to shift position but it just dies out every time, it...
I have a 1964 Starling Jet P-500 Troller 5HP Outboard with a Clinton Powerhead that I cannot get to start. I purchased the motor last year and it was completely reconditioned to like to new condition, it looks brand new. All new parts were put on, new carb, new lines, etc. I ran the motor a...
I have a Starling P-500 Jet Drive made by Propulsion Research, Inc. in Minneapolis within the 1965-1968 time period. The 5-hp, air-cooled, single cylinder 2-stroke power head was built by Clinton Engines Corporation of Maquoketa, Iowa.
What is the best oil to use in in this engine? I use Echo...
Need some info if anyone has any experience with this outboard.
Starling P-500 Jet Drive made by Propulsion Research, Inc. in Minneapolis within the 1965-1968 time period. The 5-hp, air-cooled, single cylinder 2-stroke power head was built by Clinton Engines Corporation of Maquoketa, Iowa...
Hello all, need some opinions.
I have a 1980 Sears Gamefisher 14' Jon Boat. It is rated for a 15 hp engine. I currently have a 2004 8hp 4 stroke honda almost brand new on it and it does great. Gets right on plane and drives nice. I have wanted to get a Jet Motor: 2000 Johnson 25/20 or 1999...