FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am learning how to test and repair my 1986 140 hp Johnson but all I have is the Seloc manual as a teacher and I don't know how much I trust it. I have a good auto ranging DMM and a DVA adapter but I need some help with actually using them. I have replaced the power pack, coils plugs and wires...
I am trying to run electrical tests on my 1986 140 Johnson. I bought a cheap DMM and an Electronic Specialties DVA adapter but they don't seem compatible.
Would appreciate advice on a reasonably priced DMM that will accept the DVA adapter.
Also, is my engine ADI or CD ignition. I have gotten...