FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi to all, I have a 1968 Chrysler 55hp Model #5571 and have creamy tan lower unit oil. I know the next step is to replace all lower unit seals but wondering what seal kit I would need and what website has the best prices usually? Do they come with the drain/vent plug gaskets as well?
Also...
Hi to all, I'm confused about this on going problem with my 1968 Chrysler 55hp motor going into forward and reverse. There's a rattling noise along with my shift arm jumping up and down while going into forward or reverse....Sometimes it will not go into forward or reverse and just rev up...My...
Hi, I just recently purchased a 2005 Evinrude Etec 75hp and just wondering if this motor has the auto-winterization feature?? I'd like to know for sure before I attempt to follow through with instructions and possibly damage the motor. Thanks.
Hi to all on this forum, I have a 1968 Chrysler 55hp that recently needed a new shift control cable. The guy who was supposed to install couldn't get to it for another week but already took out the old shift cable w/o remembering how things came apart....My questions to all are below:
1) Should...
Hi to all in this forum, I just took my 1968 Chrysler 55hp out on the water today....As soon as i started it, the gas seemed like it was stuck and revving really high!...so i shut it off, checked things over, started it again...the idle was normal...I go to shift it in gear and it runs fine then...
Well, I was wondering a few things. I have a 68 Chrysler 55hp and wanted a new carb float for it since it still had the old cork material float that has been prone to getting water logged....I replaced this cork float with a F10346 Float, which is a Mercury Quiksilver float...Ever since I...
I was wondering what lower gear unit oil these old Chryslers prefer? I've seen Quiksilver around, Supertech from wally world which I probably wouldn't buy, Lubrimatic from Gander Mountain? Just wondering what other people have successfully used. I've had the boat for about two years and haven't...
I have a 68 55hp Chrysler model 5571 and I'm wondering where I can find a float for my carburetor? I was also wondering by any chance if anyone knew the correct float adjustment heights for right side up and upside down? There's a plastic float in there now, which I know is better than the old...
First off I was wondering if someone could confirm what year my 55hp Chrysler outboard is with model # 5571 and Serial # 10291? Then I was wondering what ignition switch I would need for this engine...standard 6 terminal push to choke universal? or do i need one that is compatible w/ magneto or...