FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Not to the point where the metal flares up in the center because it is rubbing on the main shaft. Anyhow, let's just agree it was bad sir. So far your input has not been helpful at all.
Hello Buddhapi. I found the issue and fixed my outboard yesterday. Where the copper pipe from the water pump inserts into the exhaust plate there into a small plastic fitting and grommet that has two screws that hold the fitting to the exhaust plate. The screws were loose and the gasket was...
Exactly same. I think it has to be the exhaust plate gasket. Water is blasting right from the copper pipe into the mid unit through the gasket. Who knows maybe the copper pipe housing or gasket is loose/bad. I bought the parts to replace all of it. Will do it when they arrive mid week. I’ll let...
Thanks for your help.
So water pouring down the exhaust tube as in picture #6492 is normal? adding to that, the majority of the water flow is coming down the central cavity where the drive shaft is. I estimate 80% comes down the central cavity, 10-15% out through the exhaust tube and the rest...
I've replaced my water pump twice and engine is still overheating. I get tons of smoke/steam out of the pee hole and when I shut down the engine it puffs out a huge cloud of steam/smoke. See photo. I suspect the exhaust plate gasket is damaged right where the copper tube slips into it's home...