FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello all!I just recently bought a 1961 Johnson 18hp motor and it is lacking power.runs about like a 9.9 or so.its on a 15' bass catcher.motor starts right up,idles good but top speed is just not there.i dont notice and bogging down or anything like that.just put new plugs in it today.if anybody...
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the idle tube was for in my 1973 merc 200/20hp.it has the type "b" carb.?this idle tube is located on top right side of carb.
Hello all!i have a 1973 merc 200/20hp motor.the problem i have is starting it.have to pull starter rope 15 to 20 times before motor will fire up when motor is cool.but after that it will fire right up.or i have to squirt mixed fuel straight into carb and then it will fire up after 2 pull's.guy i...
I have a 83 Johnson 15 hp.when I rebuilt carb and removed welch plug it looks like a previous owner made a small hole in carb as the drilled out welch plug before.will this hole affect the air/fuel mixture?
I'm have problems getting my 15hp to start.just rebuilt carb and put new fuel pump on.also installed new plugs.seems to not be getting gas to cylinders but not sure.any ideas?