FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Does anyone have a part number or a resource for where I can purchase the correct bearing nut retainer tool to remove the spanner nut on a 1968 Merc 1250 lower unit??? It has the 4" diameter nut. Everything I find is for the later (larger) nuts.
Thanks in advance! Great site with great...
Hello all... Hoping to find some info on my old mercs. I have a 1969 125HP that has a great powerhead but the lower unit casing is cracked. I also have a 1974 Merc 115 not running but has a nice lower unit. Will the 1974 gearcase fit the older 1969? I am pretty sure they will swap but...
Hi all, I have (per the ID tag on transom mount) a 1973 1500. However, I suspect the block has been changed out because the two ground wires at the cylinder head that bolt to the lower pan have a smaller loop than the factory bolts. The loops were just "pinched" in under the bolt heads to hold...
Hello all! Hoping to find a chrysler expert or two. I just purchased a low-hour1976 chrysler 105 that has been sitting for a few years. Seller told me it ran great for him until he replaced it wtih a bigger/newer johnson motor.
Anyway, I put the motor on the stand and ran a compression test...
Hello everyone,
I need a lower unit for a 1958 Evinrude 7.5hp motor. Original case and gears are shot. Does anyone know what years and horsepowers will fit this motor?
Thanks!
Tim
I just picked up a couple of FDE-11 motors. These were a matched set since new and run on a 21foot boat. Hard to believe they were pushing such a large boat - I have no idea what kind of boat it was though.
Anyway, the motors are 100% complete and look really good - all original, very nice...
Hoping you guys can confirm my guess of a bad powerpack on this engine before I go out and buy one...
1983 9.9 Johnson I just bought. Sparking on top cyl only so I switched the orange wires coming from the powerpack to the coils. Low and behold the bottom coil fired up while the top coil lost...
I have two 1993 Mariner Magnum 40 engines that I bought for parts from different individuals. The first engine started making a ton of noise in the powerhead and then owner shut it down. I did a tear down and found one of the reed blocks had come into contact with the crank and tore the steel...