FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just rebuilt a 3 cyl 90 hp motor. I had it bored 20 over and got new pistons and rings. I just checked all the cylinders and its on ly reading 90 psi for each cylinder. Does this sound right? The manual says 135 to 140...is it possible something was done wrong. Its not firing correctly...
I have a 1991 90 HP force outboard 906x91a. Have a question about the starter relay. The starter relay has four terminals two master terminals for the power to battery and also one going directly to the starter. I rebuilt the engine over the winter and cant remember what is connected to the "S"...
I need some advise. I took apart the power head thinking that I only needed a new piston in cylinder #3 with it bored. After looking at the other two pistons I notice some scoring. Please let me know if you guys think I should go ahead and replace the other two pistons? I have included pictures...
First of all I love this sight. During the rebuilding of my boat I used it many times. But here is the issue I am having. Just got my 1991 Bayliner out of the shop because it was not firing on the 1 or 3rd cylinder. They said it was fixed and that it would be fine. Took it out to the lake and it...