FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello all,
I was putting in a new battery on my 2006 Tahoe Q4 w/ 4.3 mercruiser and accidentally switched the positive and negative wires. It sparked, and now I have no power. If I turn on the master power, my lights and radio work, but I have no power to the ignition. I don't even get the...
I have a SeaRay 176 w/ Mercruiser 3.0. I have been concerned about the operating temp. While on the lake , i took a temp gun and shot different parts of the motor. I got 170-180 everywhere except for the exhaust manifold. It was 200-205 up front and 195-200 near the back. Should i be concerned...
Any help that anyone could offer would be appreciated. I was on the lake last night when after about 20 minutes the boat shut off. I turned the key to crank and got nothing. Found out that the ignition fuse was blown. Luckily I had extra fuses. I replaced the 15 amp fuse and turned the key to...
1990 Mariner 30 hp. I just dropped the lower unit to correct a linkage problem and while I had it open, I replaced the impeller. I hooked it to the ears and ran it in my driveway and everything seemed fine. It was peeing as it should and water was coming from the exhaust on the shaft...
Hello,
I am new to boating and have found that this site contains a wealth of info for the beginner. Hope you help once again.
My motor either stays in forward all of the time or sometimes it won't go into gear at all. I can crank the motor and try to put it in gear and it will just rev up...