FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I was hoping it was just the starter. Got a great deal on one and while I was waiting I realized I could reach in where the starter was and turn the gear by hand easily counter-clockwise and not so easily clockwise. This makes me think the bendix/clutch needs to be replaced. I tried the new...
I am upgrading our pontoon with a larger motor. What am I going to run into when changing out a 1986 Mercury 35 for a 1978 Mercury 80? Are controls and hookups the same? Both motors have tilt. Looking to begin this weekend. Thanks!