FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Im considering upgrading my motor. A local marine shop had a 1984 Suzuki 30 hp 2 stroke pull start for 900. It looks to be in good shape and has a 30 day warranty. Are these motors reliable? I haven't seen too many suzukis out there so I don't know and this is a lot of money for me. Any feedback...
I have a 1976 Johnson 35 hp w/ electric start. I have an odd feeling that the spark advance was not hooked up properly. When I was out on the water, the little plastic piece that connects the carb to the spark advance broke. It seems like the stator plate is being able to move clockwise way too...
Hi. I have a 1976 Johnson 35 hp engine with electric start. I recently installed new points and the engine seemed to be running fine. I took the boat out for a test drive and it seemed to be missing a little. The throttle cable snapped when I was almost at the dock after letting it off.
I...