FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: OMC 400/800 Sterndrive Tilt
I am not sure who the JAC& ***** is who developed this outdrive but he ought to be shot. The last thing I wan't to do is pull the tilt motor again. Thank you both for the info and pics.
Still not sure how to remove the worm gear. I tried attaching a pic.
Need some help, I have a 1975 or 1976 OMC Outdrvie that has the typical tilt problem, i have replaced the tilt motor and now all that happens is the motor turns / spins, I can not get the worm gear out to see if it is damaged and from all the diagrams I can find they all show a plate with 3...