FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Why not build it myself? I wager 3/4 plywood and then about 6-7 layers of epoxy and fiber glass it would be pleanty strong enough to support the weight. Only thing is I can't find anything to calculate the amount of buoyant force needed to keep center of gravity from shifting sitting in the...
Ok I'm seeing alot of guys doing I/O to outboard conversions. I think pros would be easier to change motors in the future and best thing is that I wouldn't have to scorce all the parts for a merc conversion. But if I mounted it just a little off or if anything goes wrong then my handling would...
Yea kinda praying when I pull the OMC and outdrive it goes for a pretty penny and I could get a junker that runs with an alpha 1. The more research I do the more time im adding to the rebuild time. Still, it's not scaring me (yet).
So this boats dry weight is around 1400-1640 lbs depends on where you get your info from. But I've calculated about 3000 fully bagged out so I really don't think I'll need to go the bravo route. Thanks!
Yea that's pretty much where my head is at rn considering I have to pull the transom apart anyways. Feels like I have a relic with no value other then the hull and the steering wheel lol. I'm gunna start looking into a junk boat. I've read that the mercruiser bravos are beefier built and running...
Hello everyone!
I just purchased my first boat. A 1989 Starcraft Islander 221v with the hardtop. It has an OMC 4.3 with a Cobra outdrive.
I'm super excited to get into the project. Sadly because I am still Active Duty Navy I won't be able to start until December of this year :(. In the...