FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I found an old Evinrude outboard of my grandfather's in my Dad?s stuff (both have passed away) that I have slowly been working on the past year. I know a little about outboards which I have mostly learned from all the great folks on iboats and from borrowed library books etc. I have...
I have an older Lund with a 1996 Johnson 60 hp 2 cycle outboard. It has the VRO2 oil injection system which mixes the oil and gas inline. The engine seems to give off a lot of smoke when running. I was wondering if the oil in the oil reservoir could have gone bad? The oil has been in the...
I am trying to determine the appropriate bow-mounted trolling motor to purchase for my older Lund boat. It is a 1994 ProAngler 1700 DLX. I determined the thrust needed is in the 50-55 lb range, but I am not sure how long the trolling motor shaft needs to be. Is there an easy way to determine...
I inherited a '94 Lund 1700 ProAngler DLX boat with an older (1986) Eagle trailer. The trailer seems to be way oversized for the boat and I'd like to replace it with a smaller, newer trailer. Is there an easy way to determine what trailers would fit this boat?
I have a 1996 Johnson 60 hp (model J60TLEDR) on a Lund 1700 ProAngler DLX that starts up and idles fine. When put in gear, it runs fine up to about 50% of the max throttle and then once I go above 50% max throttle, it bogs down and just stays around 2500-3000 rpm. I replaced the fuel filter...