FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I purchased a 1977 Ranger bass boat with a 1988 40hp Evinrude on it to use as a duck hunting boat.
The previous owner took off the Prestolite ya-5012 power trim because he said it was "slow". I got all the parts for it, switch and wiring were still in the boat. Wired it in, and I have nothing...
I have a 1991 Reinell with a Mercruiser 4.3
Took it out, ran great... After running around a bit it wouldn't start. No spark.
Got towed back, still no start.
After I got home ( few hours later) it fired right up.
I'm thinking it is that ignition module.
Does anyone have any info on...
So I just picked up my first boat...
It was free... so don't laugh :D
It is a 21' Bayliner Admiralty w/ a 4cyl Volvo Penta 145A
The boat ran fine when it was parked.... 4 years ago
So I brought it home today, and it wouldn't turn over when I put a battery in it. I drained the oil/water...