FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1982 Evinrude 35 HP long shaft motor. I removed the gearcase. I'm trying to remove the Housing Bearing 0387023. Not sure if it is suppose to be pulled out with a pulley puller or screwed out? What is your best idea on how to remove it?
I am having a terrible time trying to get the shift linkage disconnected so I can remove the gearcase. Can anyone help me! I'm told there is some pin to remove under carbs to free shifter linkage so I can remove gearcase. I don't see it! Anyone know where it is?
How do I remove the gearcase from my Evinrude E35ELCND 1982 35 HP motor. I think I have to replace FF Shifter clutch dog (0319565 ). Gearcase is stuck in reverse and only goes in reverse no matter the postion of the shifter postion. Forward postion goes in reverse. Reverse postion goes in...
1982 Chrysler 15 hp. Have to prime carb with starting fluid to start cold. Idle, revs normally and clunks every three seconds. Stalls while idling. Runs at medium and high speed great. Any idea's?
Starts fine, idles fine, runs great to half throttle. Three quarter throttle to full trottle the engine makes a fairly loud knocking noise every 5 secords. Anyone have any ideas? How would I fix it?
Runs great for an hour and then stalls and lots of trouble keeping it running and eventually it won't start at all. Water pump is working, head is cool. It is getting gas to plugs. Seem to get wet when the trouble starts to happen. Carb is fine. I'm thinking the ignition coils are maybe...