FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have an intermittant spark issue on a Johnson 60ESL70B. There is at times no spark on any plug. A friend gave me a generic test proceedure to follow. while I was looking over the engine all I looked at was the inline fuse, I tightened down a purple wire with a ?? color stripe that I later...
Is it normal for the propeller to spin while cranking the motor? I replaced an impellor and now this happening.
I have been told so many things about removing the lower unit that I do not know what to believe. Does the shift lever need to be in foward at time of lower unit removal or when it...
During a replacement of the water pump impeller for a 1970 Johnson Model 60ESL70B, I had a wire fall off the upper solenoid assembly-part number 56 in the gear head group. I tried to put the wire back into the solenoid. I thought I was successful. I went to start the motor to test the water pump...
I have a 1970 Johnson 60 HP 3 cylinder motor. This is my first outboard with a themostat. I have run it in a tank for about 15 minutes and can measure the water output in drops. How long before the thermostat opens?
I know the water pump does work as there is water flow when the thermostat is...