FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Turns out it was a vacuum leak. I forgot to scrape off the old bits of gasket on the bottom of the carb 🤦♂️. Runs awesome now. Time to get it in the water this weekend
Great question: I dont think it is. I took the carb off the manifold when I did the head gasket. I put a new gasket under carb but I don’t think it’s seated right. Could the leak be coming from the base plate of the carb?
Im an amateur! Nothing can insult me. I did adjust the valves as per the manual. I have no checked timing as I don’t have a timing light but may need to get one.
I replaced the head gasket. Put it all together and started it up and it’s whining and squealing. What’s the issue? Also, the carb won’t idle, I assume it’s got something blocking the jets or some kind of issue. So far this boat has been a huge hassle! Any help would be appreciated.
See...
It didn’t overheat and I pulled the plugs and they all look the same. No water in the oil (as far as I can tell from the dipstick). I’m going to do a compression check to rule out the head gasket. I may end up changing plugs while I have them out anyways.
This noise showed up last weekend and at first I thought it was the belt as it sounds like it’s coming from that area or the starboard side. See video attached.
What is it? Am I screwed?