FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I know most regulators should put out about 14V or so on idle maybe more once powered up . Mine is only putting out 12.38V idle or reved up, but the stator is only putting out about 9VAC going to the reg. is this normal? What should the voltage be on the stator wires going to the regulator. Or...
I own a 1976 Mercury 850 4 cyl. outboard.
Just got my boat back from marina, I paid $300 to have carbs rebuilt and full timing and throttle adjustment.
it will idle and run for awhile then all of a sudden it just dies. This has the 2 carb. deal and 1 of the carbs I can pump gas right out of...