FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am looking for a boat (first time buyer) I have come across a couple of reinells in my price range. Both are brxl models. On is a '92 196 brxl w/ a 5.7 omc. The other is listed as a 19' brxl 1994 w/ 5.0 omc. I understand that these are the same as a Volvo Penta. My question is are Reinell's...
I am going to look at a 1996 maxum srl 2000 that has a 5.7l w/ alpha 1 outdrive, fresh water cooled, dual axle trailer. What should I look for when I go look at it? I am a first time boat buyer. I have never owned one or had to maintain one just went out with relatives growing up. Any advise is...
I am looking at buying a boat for the first time. I am currently looking at a 1993 17' Larson w/ 4.5l & Alpha 1 drive. What should I look for with it? Any typical problems, etc.
Thanks in advance.
I am looking at buying a boat that has a 1983 85 hp Force w/ a cracked intake. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get parts and how hard it is to change the intake?