FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
1982 Mariner 25hp SS tiller
I replaced my lower unit this winter with a used one. Checked the impeller. Looked brand new. Put everything back together properly. Sitting at the dock, motor idles nicely with a pretty good stream of water out of the tell tale.
We didn't have to go to far to...
I have an '82 Mariner 25 hp ss that I had to replace the lower unit on. I purchased a used one. Installed it the other day. Took it out to the lake and it seemed to be just fine. Spitting a nice stream of water, shifted nice, but when I got to full speed, NO WATER!!! She was running pretty...