FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My 2002 Volvo penta with a 5.7 gsi TBI has code 23 which i believe is intake air temp sensor, but these engines dont have one. It had two codes. 13 and 23. I cleared them and 23 never goes away. Constant beeping while your driving. Runs rough and very little acceleration. Will go to 4000 rpm...
I purchased this boat knowing one piston was melted. I rebuilt the engine with OE Merc piston and ring sets on all holes. Good compression now. Sent the injectors out for complete rebuild and balance. Turns out #6 injector was bad and that was the piston that burnt. All back together and I have...
I bought a 2003 SF21 Skeeter Fishing boat with a 225hp Yamaha outboard. My question is besides the obvious water pump impeller, plugs, and oil is there anything I should be doing on this engine to maintain it before heading out this spring?
It starts and runs nice right now and would like to...
I am looking at buying an Evinrude 225 hp outboard so I did a compression test on it yesterday. It has been sitting for a number of years but still turned over ok. All 6 cylinders came up at 70 psi. My gauge is good because I checked my merc engine and they are all 120 psi. Could this low...
I have a force 120 hp outboard and I need piston kits. The dealer tells me the pistons are different from 1995 and 96-up. This id what I have found out.
The piston pins are held in with snap-rings so the Clymer manual says that 95 or newer. I have found a casting number under the electrical in...
I have a 120 hp Force outboard and of course the ID tag has fell off. I have a casting number on the block #00-818154-05. Anyone know what year this block would be? I need pistons, etc. Thanks!!