FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey guys - working on a new to me 98 Crownline 266BR with the VP 7.4 MPI Engine that will crank, but not start on its own -- without a sniff of starting fluid/brake cleaner. I can get it to start/idle/run with fluid, but never on its own. When running this way, it still pops and hesitates like...
Hey guys, first time, long time.
I have an 87 Four Winns Horizon 170 with the 4.3 Merc, and I have what I hope to be a simple problem. I know the Water Temp gauge is good, as it will work for the first 10 minutes or so of use, then the gauge begins to waiver and drop to zero. Usually have to...
The specs:
88 Four Winns 170 Horizon
4.3 Merc with Alpha 1 Gen 1
Got the boat late this summer, only had it out once, and thought it was running a little warm (180+). Knowing I still need to tear the outdrive and lower unit out and do an impeller replacement, I have a question.
As a general...
Hey guys,
I have a very similar issue to many that have posted, and was curious to know if there is a discernible noise difference to tell weather my U-joints might be bad.
Long story short - when I bought the boat (4.3 merc/Alpha 1 Gen 1) I noticed the driveshaft bellows was ripped, so I...