FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I purchased a 1997 Honda 8HP BF8A outboard for my sailboat last year from a friend. It worked FANTASTICALLY all last season, it was able to push my 23' sailboat at hull speed, at around 7 knots. After storing it for the winter, I decided to take it to a local marine shop in April who services...
I posted a few months ago about a (new to me) 1997 Honda 8HP BF8A that I purchased. The carburetor had some issues and after cleaning it out and checking the float was working, the engine runs without spitting fuel out the carb air vent (which was the intial problem I posted about). However...
Guys, can anyone tell me what the hole is on the top of the carb for my 1997 BF8A Honda? I recently bought this engine and it was "non-working". I have gotten it to run, but after taking apart the carb and servicing it, I cannot for the life of me deduce what this hole is for and can find no...