FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I try to watch the throttle on the motor but I can’t see anything as I’m by my self. What I don’t understand, is that it works perfect in reverse, throttle and all! But hardly anything in forward or even when I open the cold start lever.
I have a 1971 StarCraft with a Mercury 850 85 hp. I can’t get the engine to rpm up when I shift into forward. As a matter of fact, the forward lever will literally go to 6 o’clock position with no rpm worth mentioning. It even stalls when I put in forward. Reverse is fine. And the neutral warm...
That looks like my controller. When I flip up the warm up lever, it barely raises the rpm’s. The same goes for when I shift into forward and then stalls. Reverse is fine.
Thanks guys! I will look at it today. I’ve never tore into one before. It’s a mercontrol. Is there anything I should be aware of? Parts flying out? Also the lever on the far side of it doesn’t do much. I think it is a throttle lever or some thing. How does that work?
I have a 1971 StarCraft with an 85hp mercury outboard. I guess it’s a model 850. The gear and throttle doesn’t work well in forward. I have to push the lever all the way forward to get any kind of rev from the motor. What rev I do get is very little, not much over an idle. And if I push the...
Hello all. I have a1957 12hp M/W sea king. It is supposed o have 2 bypass covers on it. One is for the fuel pump pulse. This is missing. Does anyone know where I can get one? I know some JohnnyRude parts will fit. So if anyone can give a heads up on this I would appreciate it. The engine number...