FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
.
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. these include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon.
.
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. Check out iBoats for all you boating gear.
Re: '88 Force 125hp - How fast should I be able to go?
mmk. So, I'm guessing this isn't a good thing. Hooked up my tach and with WOT with muffs it's maxing out the tach at 6k. With neutral WOT it sits at 4.5k but after a minute it goes up to max as well. Manual states 4.5-5.5k as the...
This is the first large-ish boat I've owned so I'm not sure how fast I should really be able to go. I have an 1977 18' Cobia Centaur. With just myself in the boat, on calm water I can get 26-27 MPH according to my GPS. I know there are problems causing slowness that I'm trying to work through...
I have read several of the threads here stating problems steering, most seem unresolved and many lack information about the boats/things tried. So, I want to give it a try and do a full info dump to make sure I can get this thing fixed. :)
About the boat:
77 Cobia Centaur 18'
Rack and pinion...