FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi, I bought a mid 70's Blue Band 1500. It needs a lot of TLC. The engine isn't on a boat and I have removed the lower unit and now I'm trying to separate the engine from the mid unit. I have a Mercury shop manual and have remove everything that it says to remove but the port side towards the...
Re: Short Lower Unit ID and 1500 engine Block Number
Thanks, I'm learning all the time. I've attached a picture of the serial number on the engine its halfway up the starboard side and seems complete. unless i'm looking in the wrong place.
Hi
I bought (sight unseen) a 1500 plus a heap of spare parts, all in worse condition than the seller claimed. Anyway the main part I wanted on the 1500 was the tilt/trim plate unfortunately it's useless and the section that the serial number was riveted to is missing. I got the following number...
Hi, I know that this subject has been done many times on this forum and I've read them all but still would like some advice. I recently bought a 77 1500 inline 6. When I bought the boat there wasn't much info available as the previous owner had moved overseas. Anyway it wouldn't start unless you...
I've recently bought a 1976 1500 in line 6. There is no tacho. Can I fit a generic tacho or do I need to get a Mercury one? I need to attach it to the engine as the throttle control doesn't have a connection. This is a great resource, thanks to all who help on it.