FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Did a couple of things today, not sure it provides the clarity I was hoping for.
Took a reading with an ohm meter on Cylinder 1 (for control purposes) and Cylinder 2 (i.e,. #6 in the firing order). 10-12 ohms on each.
Hooked up a Rinda Techmate Pro. The active fault is what I mentioned...
I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to type all of this up. I ordered the manual as well, but it won’t be here for a bit. I’ll check resistance on the cylinders and see if I have any variability on cylinder #2 when I’m down there this weekend.
In your view is it safe to run the...
Recently acquired a 2018 Monterey 298ss with twin Volva Penta V6-240-CE-J(AQ) engines. I’m getting a check engine light on the starboard engine and RPMs seem to be limited to ~2,800 (suggesting to me engine protection mode has come on). Oil pressure is good across both engines. Temps are good...