FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thanks for the advice. I have a multimeter and I can see my timing marks on the flywheel and stator plate so I'll set them that way. Is it accurate to say that if it's idling while the cam follower is on the mark of the throttle cam I should be good?
Thanks. I have cleaned the low speed and I think it's running on the low speed because I can throttle it down enough for the knob to change how it's running. I did set the cam so it opens the plate at the mark. And yes, I will try setting the points that way instead. I ordered new points and...
I got this outboard for free and found one piston to be froze up with rust. It was so bad I had to get a new (used) piston and rings. The coils broke apart and I got two new ones. After much fiddling I have a few problems that I can't find answer too anywhere.
1. The outboard will start and...