FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
About a week ago I tore into my 71' (I believe it's 71) Sea King 7hp outboard to replace the lower end gear grease with fresh. In doing so, I ran into a slew of other issues all of which I have finally managed to fix. (broken roll pins, recoil spring acting up/getting stuck, etc.)
However now I...
Hello all. I had my Sea King k700 2107a apart yesterday to replace the old sticky grease in the lower gear housing with fresh gear oil instead. I reassembled the housing and quickly found that I couldn't really turn the prop. I pulled the pull cord to see if that would spin it, nothing. Well...
Does anyone know what propeller size/pitch I need for a Sea King k700 2107a. I have been looking around but am having a hard time finding info. I believe that the prop on it now was a replacement and an incorrect one at that. If it matters at all, the engine is on a 12 foot Jon that is used for...
I have a 70's Montgomery Sea Ward 7hp motor and today my seal kit arrived so that I could replace various seals and gaskets on it. However after getting everything replaced and screwing the needle into the bottom of the float bowl, after very little pressure, SLIP. The inside of the carb is...
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement carb for this motor? I checked ebay and found one result that I THINK will work but not positive. The carb in that post also looks like it has seen some better days...
Hello all. A couple of months ago we began cleaning out my grand parents basement. In doing so we found an older Sea King. I tried to get it running but so far no luck. I put fresh gas and new plugs but still nothing. Upon getting the top of it opened I figured out my issue. The coil...
Hello everyone! I just purchased what I believe is a 1973 or 1974 Sea King or as some people are saying, Clinton. I was told the motor runs fine but I already have one problem, I don't have a gas tank. I bought one and bout a fuel line with no ends because I have no idea what ends this motor...
Hello guys! My dad has had an old Firestone boat motor sitting in the shed for years now and I finally grabbed it in hopes of getting it running. The motor DOES have compression so we are off on the right foot. I took the carb off and it looked pretty clean. Gas is moving through the line as...