FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
1976 VIP runabout
I am trying to figure out the proper mounting / placement location for the primary battery. Would it be placed in the area just to starboard (forward of the outboard mounting location? The reason I ask is that the boat came with a portable gas tank this located on the...
Good Day to All,
Just picked up a 1976 VIP V-6 with a 75hp Chrysler outboard. While I understand the basics of engines and electrical systems, I need some tutoring on start procedures for this engine. I can get the starter to engage and turn the fly wheel but the motor is not starting. Other...