FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've got an old Harris Flotebote with a manual lift motor bracket - like the guy who recently posted "Transom Help". (see his picture)
I've got the same issues as he does - the bracket turning into a plow with the motor all the way down - but there's a position where it's manageable.
But now...
I took my 1991 8 HP Johnson to a local repair shop. When he went to change the impeller, he found the drive shaft was broken. Two months later, after I finally found a used drive shaft for that motor, he is too busy to work on it.
I've got the motor back in my garage. The lower unit is...
Bought the old boat last year.
It has the aluminum canopy frame, which is in pretty good shape. But the vinyl canopy is toast.
Anybody know if anyone sells replacement vinyls for this top?
It's a short shaft. P/N is 0336062. Apparently used in both 6HP and 8HP Johnsons of that vintage.
I didn't think a 1991 outboard motor was so old that parts would be scarce - but everywhere I look, that part number is "Unavailable". :(
What gives??