FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1975 johnson 25hp, on the bottom of the bowl there is a orifice plug does this plug get seated all the way or is there a recommended setting for it? Also what is a good starting point to set the slow speed needle?
I let my buddy borrow my boat when he returned it and I used it again I found the motor was smoking bad. After checking a few thing I found he mixed way to much oil in the gas. I pulled the plugs and turned the motor for a while then i mixed the proper mixture 50:1. The motor started right up...
Do you measure the length from the bottom of the engine to the cavitation plate to tell if it is a long shaft? 21" should be long and 16" should be short right?
I have a this engine on a 15.5' custom boat that was built for a go-devil. I have tried to go up and down with the engine but it keeps cavitating on me. I cannot tell what size prop that is on it now. Could the prop be causing this problem and if so what size prop do I need? Oh yea the prop...
I have a custom built 15.5' boat. It was built for a Go-devil, now I am trying to run a 1975 25hp Johnson on it. According to the numbers on the engine it is a long shaft. My transom measures 17" and with the engine on it the cavitation plate sits about 2" below the boat. When I run it starts...